A man lives up to a personal promise after an event – and his entire life is about to change.
2. Why did should people vote for your 1page script?
Hmm… The script is a complete story that will, hopefully, inspire conversation.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
5. What artist in the industry would you love to work with?
David Lynch or Takashi Miike. Writing-wise, I wish Dan O’Bannon was still alive.
6. How many screenplays have you written?
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Teaching English at the collegiate level while writing feature length scripts that get produced.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I write every day. Instead of running around with a laptop to pull me away from the outside world, I write in a hot pink office at home with pictures of Siouxsie Sioux and Bettie Page staring back at me. I prefer writing from 11 PM to 3 AM or later.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Teaching. I love learning from students as much as I love helping them become better writers. And sushi, one cannot forget the enigmatic pull of great sushi.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
My friend Chris Messineo, and founder of the New Jersey Screenwriters Group, truly loved the script and was upset it did not do better at Moviepoet.com.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Be honest, listen to feedback without being defensive and avoid clichés. Most importantly: just write.