SUPERMODEL SWALLOWS BUG, WORLD ENDS (comedy) is the story of a supermodel who swallows a bug while on a fashion shoot. As she chokes, it sets off a series of events that bring about the end of the world... in one minute.
2. Why did should people vote for your 1page script?
If they want to see how we crash a plane into a nuclear reactor, then vote for us.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
10, 15 years (seems like a hundred)... starting to run out of ink.
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Old School.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
aul Gross, Ivan Reitman, Kevin Smith, Judd Apatow, Tarantino, and The Farrelly Brothers.
6. How many screenplays have you written?
Depends. Good ones? Two. Ones that suck? Countless.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
On a beach, Margarita in hand, computer on lap, taking calls from Mr. Spielberg.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
It's more like an un-process. I'll clean the house, do the laundry, do my taxes, anything to avoid the keyboard. I get my best ideas and thoughts when I'm driving, or sleeping, or in the middle of doing my real job; then I whip out my handy digital pocket recorder and get the thoughts down. Eventually I find my way to the keyboard and start transcribing, at least the parts I can understand. This motivates me and suddenly I find myself deep into the story. It's painful, and I sorta have to trick myself into the act of actual writing. Then I write like a maniac until I fall asleep or get bored...usually around page 55. In my head they're all winners; but the reality is another story. So, I guess the answer to the question is: no.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Hot cars. Hot girls. Porn.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
Hot cars. Hot girls. Porn. And if this leads to a career writing, then I can afford this stuff.
Oh, and...a buddy (writer/director Glenn Forbes...he's good) challenged me to write a story in one page. Then one of my brothers sent me info on WILDsound and since we now had one page sitting around it seemed like a good idea to send it in. Also, it's a cool site and we like the films that have been produced.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?