“Solve for X” is a metaphor for “the art of interpreting art”. While the artist is too attached to his “creation”, his critics are too myopic in their evaluation of it. Their differences of opinion lead to the comedic conflict of this one page screenplay.
2. Why should people vote for your 1page script?
People should vote for “Solve for X” because it’s funny and would make a fabulous short film.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
I have been writing screenplays for about 6 months.
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The film I have seen the most is Avatar.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
Zoe Saldana is an artist in the film industry I would love to work with.
6. How many screenplays have you written?
I have written a total of five screenplays. One short, one feature and three one pagers.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
In 5 years I would like to be continuing to practice psychiatry and writing to discharge the anxiety that my patients attempt to transfer to me.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
My writing process includes isolating, meditating, and caffeinating.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Apart from writing, I am passionate about my work as a psychiatrist, watching movies and sports.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
I had just finished a screenplay and was searching the internet for contests to enter. I found the Wildsound Script Contest.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
I’m sort of a novice so I’m not yet ready to give advice to other writers. “Dammit Jim, I’m a doctor not a screenwriter.” I am however, very proud and honored to be a finalist in this contest.