At a funeral wake the widow, the relatives and friends sadly morn their loss. However an unexpected guest brings happiness to the grieving widow as sometimes in life you may get a second chance to say the things that really matter.
2. Why did should people vote for your 1page script?
The loss of a love one is always difficult especially when it is sudden. This script will hopefully inspire people to express their feelings more openly in the real world while they have the chance and not regret not having done so when it is too late.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Ivanhoe staring Robert Taylor and Elizabeth Taylor.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
6. How many screenplays have you written?
I have written many short scripts of various lengths and to date six of these have been made into short films. I am currently writing a TV sitcom and three historical features, all of which are in varying stages of completion.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
I would love to be writing professionally and to be able to see my written words on the big screen.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I don't have a set routine as I still have a day job that sadly pays the bills however I write as often as I can even if it is only for ten minutes here and there. I do set aside time on Sundays to review and rewrite the previous week's efforts.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
English History and most sports (Although I am getting too old to participate now in the ones I most enjoyed)
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
Reputation of the competition and a chance to compare my work against others.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Don't stop writing and never give up even though much of your work may be rejected as mine has been but with perseverance who knows when your time will come and what you can achieve. Stay motivated!